...Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...

Hebrews 12:1-2

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Week in the Life... So Far

"May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; 
establish the work of our hands for us—
   yes, establish the work of our hands."
Psalm 90:17

Well, the freshers are arriving, classes are starting, and things are starting to get busy around here! Here's what a typical week looks like so far:

  • Monday: Peter and I drive up to Limerick (about 1.5 hours away). We meet with a few girls who are trying to start a Christian Union at Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT). Their enthusiasm is so exciting and there's encouragement all around! Then we go over to University of Limerick (UL) to study, meet up with the CU committee, and attend the CU. There are a lot of new people there this year including a lot of international students who I obviously connect with very easily! I'm hoping to meet up with a few American girls there one-to-one. Mondays may be long (13 hour day!) but I love 'em!
  • Tuesday: So far Tuesdays have been a bit random because things are starting slowly here in Cork. But Tuesdays will be a bit busy at Cork Institute of Technology (CIT), Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT), and University College Cork (UCC) helping the committee, and going to the CU. 
  • Wednesday: I'll be trying to meet up with students, studying, and doing other administration. 
  • Thursday: We go to a weekly prayer meeting at Frank & Jo Peters' house. This awesome couple has been meeting and praying for UCC regularly for 6 years! Its great to meet with other Christian leaders in the area to pray specifically for the campus. (AND Jo makes some pretty mean scones! :)) After prayer, Peter and I meet up to discuss our schedule, the CUs, what's been going on, and what I've been learning.
  • Friday: I usually study, work on raising support, look at my finances, and do other administration. 
  • Saturday: I TRY not to work but that's proving to be difficult! 
  • Sunday: I go to church at Grace Fellowship which is a vibrant, solid, multicultural church. I'm starting to settle in there and meet people (praise God!) so I think I'm going to make Grace my "home church" here. 

That's just a taste of the kind of stuff I've been doing here so far! There will be a LOT more added to this schedule in the upcoming weeks and I am so excited for it!

It is just so cool to be a part of the Christian communities on the campuses here in Munster! I am so excited to see what God has already put in place and I'm even more excited to see what He has planned for the year ahead! I feel so blessed that God has called me to work with these college students and I can't wait to see how He uses me in their lives and how He uses THEM in MY life!

I am constantly reminded of how small I am and how I can't do any of this on my own effort. But praise God that He is so big, that He goes before me to prepare the way, and that He will bring His work to completion (Philippians 1:6)!

No comments:

Post a Comment