...Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...

Hebrews 12:1-2

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

121

Lately I've been trying to focus more on individuals in CU: how I can lift them up in prayer, how I can encourage them in their walks, and basically how I can love on them. Jesus gave us a great example of how it is so important to invest time in individual people so that they can grow into Jesus' likeness and be equipped to spread the Gospel.

This month I got to meet up with girls who are in a wide variety of places within the Christian walk (newer believers, solid in faith, struggling with anxiety or stress) as well as girls from various cultures and religious affiliations (American, Swiss, Irish, Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, non-denominational etc). It is very cool to see how God can use me with any of these people in whatever situation they're in, and also how he reveals more of Himself to me through these people. Most of the time I walk away from a one-to-one (121) feeling really uplifted! It's "funny" that the purpose of doing 121s is to encourage others but through it I am encouraged as well!

God has also showed me that if I can't meet up with someone 121 or if we don't even open the Bible when we meet, that He can use relationships for His glory. Sometimes being there as an ear, or to give a word of comfort, or just to have a laugh is revealing God to a person. (It's also a good reason to constantly be on guard in my words and deeds so that I don't cause anyone to stumble.)

Doing 121s and investing in people is not just a Relay thing or a Keystone thing. It's a God thing that we're all called to do. So it is my hope that you will be encouraged and challenged to come alongside someone to be led and to lead. 

"Then Jesus came to them and said, 'All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. 
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.'”
- Matthew 28:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment