...Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...

Hebrews 12:1-2

Monday, June 20, 2011

My Very First Blog

          Well, this is my first blog! I'm new to this whole blogging thing so please bear with me!
I decided to start this blog so I can share all of the amazing things I know God is going to do while I'm doing Relay in Ireland!
           I studied in Galway, Ireland for a semester in 2008 and absolutely fell in love with the country! When I got home, all I could think about was being back in Ireland and telling people about how a relationship with Jesus is so much more than what their traditions dictate. When I graduated from college in December 2010, that desire was still there and I decided to apply for Relay. There are so many stories I could share about how God kept reaffirming that I was going to Ireland, so ask me if you want to know! Long story short, I was interviewed and offered a position as a Relay worker in Cork! Since then, I've been busy raising support (it will cost me approximately $14,000 to live in Cork for 10 months), finding a place to live, and preparing spiritually for Relay.
          I will try to keep this thing up-to-date so you can follow me on my journey!! It's going to be a long race, but "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Philippians 4:13)!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment