...Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,
fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...

Hebrews 12:1-2

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

1 Week Away!!!

"For we live by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

"By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, 
obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 
By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; 
he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 
For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God." 
- Hebrews 11:8-10


It's been a few months since my last post but that's only because I've been so busy preparing for Relay! I've been trying to soak up every second of summer and time with friends while getting everything in order and preparing spiritually for what is to come.

I have some crazy awesome "God stories" of how He is preparing me and divinely organizing everything for me in His perfect way. I've been challenged, tested, refined, and extremely blessed. He's given me such incredible peace about my financial needs, finding an apartment, leaving my life here, and doing full-time ministry across the pond. Looking at that list of challenges, I should be extremely overwhelmed. But God has an amazing way of enveloping me in His love, peace, and comfort. Here are just a few things He's reminded me of this summer:

  • He has everything under control (Job 36:22-33).
  • He doesn't want me to worry (Proverbs 16:3, Matthew 6:25-34).
  • He's weaving everything together for my good (Romans 8:28).
  • He will provide all that I need (Matthew 6:33, Job 10:12, Psalms (basically all of them)).
  • God fulfills His promises (Lamentations 3:25, Genesis 21:1). 

He has been using this time of preparation to draw myself and others closer to Him and I am so excited to see how God is getting the glory for His provision!

So this is the part where I ask for your help: I still need $2,200 before I leave in one week and about $9,200 for the entire year. Please pray about whether you should give and how much. I'm also still looking for an apartment in Cork so if you know of any girls looking for a housemate, please let me know!
If you'd like to give, please email me at: troyer.samantha9@gmail.com so I can give you details.

I am so excited to get to Cork and begin God's work in Relay! Thanks for your prayers and support! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you and excited to hear about your work, Sam! And I'm going to read every Bible verse you mentioned - I think I need reminding. It was so nice to see you this afternoon, and you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete